LinuxLiNuXLINUX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LinuxLiNuXLINUX

Everything you would like to know about LINUX and *nix enviroments can be found here.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all Members old and new...... After 5 years of being at a stand still, I am happy to announce that this forum will be back up and running at full force with in the next month. I have to get a hold of Triad, but once I do, we should be going as normal again. Bare with us on this transition, there is a lot of information that we will need to change/update as to the change in the systems since we last did this site. You will notice a LOT of changes on this site in the near future, stay tuned for all the exciting changes that will be done!! {Saturn}

Config Services

Go down 
AuthorMessage
{Saturn}
Admin
{Saturn}

Male Number of posts : 56
Job/hobbies : Audio/Video Tech -and- Computer Tech
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Config Services Empty
PostSubject: Config Services   Config Services Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:14 am

This is where we talk about config services...
Back to top Go down
https://linuxlinuxlinux.forumotion.com
{Saturn}
Admin
{Saturn}

Config Services Empty
PostSubject: Squid tar.gz   Config Services Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:02 pm

Hey guys,
I really need somebody to help me...
I downloaded squid-2.5.STABLE1.tar.gz and before I installed it on my machine (linux redhat 8.0 (Psyche), first I erased the old version squid-2.4. So after that I carried out all the installations which on my case I see that went right coz I did not see any errors. But when I tried to start squid...I receive a message:
squid: unrecognized service
Now buddies, am really confused and do not know what I can do to run my other machines in the same office since my linux machine is the server.!!!
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
{Saturn}
Admin
{Saturn}

Config Services Empty
PostSubject: Squid tar.gz   Config Services Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:04 pm

You should really try to use an rpm for installing squid. An rpm (install program) for redhat 8.0 should be available. Try these sites
www.rpmfind.net or rpm.pbone.net and search for squid. Make sure the rpm that you download is for your distribution and version.

If you are going to use the source-code to install and run squid then you will have to manually install it. For the best information after uncompressing and untaring the SQUID tar.gz file look for an INSTALL or README file. But a manual install usually includes something like:
tar -zxvf SQUID-<version>.tar.gz
cd into SQUID-<version> directory
run:
./configure
make
make install

If the above commands complete successfully then you will need to start squid manually like:
/usr/local/squid/bin/squid_deamon [options
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Config Services Empty
PostSubject: Re: Config Services   Config Services Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Config Services
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LinuxLiNuXLINUX :: Message Board-
Jump to: