LinuxLiNuXLINUX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LinuxLiNuXLINUX

Everything you would like to know about LINUX and *nix enviroments can be found here.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
To all Members old and new...... After 5 years of being at a stand still, I am happy to announce that this forum will be back up and running at full force with in the next month. I have to get a hold of Triad, but once I do, we should be going as normal again. Bare with us on this transition, there is a lot of information that we will need to change/update as to the change in the systems since we last did this site. You will notice a LOT of changes on this site in the near future, stay tuned for all the exciting changes that will be done!! {Saturn}

KDE Desktop Shortcut Tutorial

Go down 
AuthorMessage
{Saturn}
Admin
{Saturn}

Male Number of posts : 56
Job/hobbies : Audio/Video Tech -and- Computer Tech
Registration date : 2008-11-17

KDE Desktop Shortcut Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: KDE Desktop Shortcut Tutorial   KDE Desktop Shortcut Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:08 am

How To Create A Desktop Shortcut

(For KDE)

To create a shortcut on the Desktop, right click in an open spot on the Desktop and choose "Create New" and from that pop out "Link To Application". A Properties Window will open where we will make our choices for Application Name and an Icon. For this tutorial Wine will be used as an example.
On the third Tab "Execute" we will type in the command name wine (small caps) in the text box provided. If you don't know the command name (like me with Netscape 7) click on the Browse button and navigate to where the program folder resides, choosing the shell script that starts the program (Netscape.sh).
On the fourth Tab "Application" type in the program name and a simple description. "Wine - Windows Emulation Program".
The second Tab is not needed so we go back to the "General" Tab. In the text box provided, type in "Wine". Last but not least, we now choose an Icon. Click on the Gear Icon and a "Select Icon" window will open for you to choose the appropriate one. See Below. That's it! When you click the "OK" button at the bottom, a new Application Link (shortcut) will appear on your Desktop.

KDE Desktop Shortcut Tutorial Snapsh10
Back to top Go down
https://linuxlinuxlinux.forumotion.com

KDE Desktop Shortcut Tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LinuxLiNuXLINUX :: Howto's and Info-
Jump to: